Since 2009, The BSA – NFC has been raising money to fund Camp Shands, a vital program for at-risk youth. This program is driven by the Every Boy Deserves a Chance campaign, which has three major goals:
1. Attract more young people to Scouting by increasing the adventure and excitement that the North Florida Council can provide through its Camp Shands outdoor program facilities.
2. Make Scouting available to any and all youth who want to participate in its adventure – regardless of financial or environmental restraints.
3. Ensure that Scouting has the financial means for a second century of instilling morals, values, and ethics in America’s youth.
To help drive fundraising for the Every Boy Deserves a Chance campaign, CFM assisted the NFC with the following:
- CFM developed a capital endowment booklet showcasing the program, Camp Shands, and the campaign goals and challenges. The booklet was used to solicit high-end donors to contribute to the campaign.
- CFM re-designed the capital endowment, giving the campaign a fresh look and updated presentation to show donors and potential donors the new development plans for Camp Shands and continued drive for the campaign.
- Developed event collateral and assisted with presentation material to the Campaign Kickoff fundraising luncheon with Keynote speaker Shahid Khan.
The results are in the numbers.
- The campaign yielded $5.9 million in pledges and donations going into the August 30th, 2012 luncheon.
- From Aug. 30 – Sept. 2012 the campaign raised over $140,000 additional monies.
- Additionally, as a result, the BSA has a team of volunteers on the Campaign Senate & Major Gifts committee actively approaching foundations, corporations and individuals for gifts at the $25,000 – $500,000 level and they have 60 volunteer solicitors, reaching out to 290 potential contributors (prospects) to raise gifts targeted at the $1,000 – $10,000 level. This bodes well for the campaign effort.
Jack L. Sears, Jr | Scout Executive/CEO
North Florida Council
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA
521 S. Edgewood Avenue
Jacksonville, FL 32205
904-388-0591 ext. 101